“I enjoy putting my experience in large and complex cases to work for our clients.”
Attorney J. David Stradley is a native of Statesville, North Carolina. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Wake Forest University, where he was a Guy T. Carswell scholar. In 1995, he graduated from Duke University School of Law with high honors.
Mr. Stradley's practice concentrates on representing individuals and families in medical malpractice cases, tractor-trailer crashes, and other catastrophic personal injury litigation. He also represents individuals in a variety of insurance matters.
Mr. Stradley lectures frequently on a variety of topics, including trial practice and insurance issues. He is an active member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers. He serves as editor of The Litigator, the newsletter of the Litigation Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
Mr. Stradley is married to Sarah Elizabeth Winslow. They have two daughters, Sarah Catherine and Rachel Elizabeth.
Mr. Stradley has broad interests outside of the practice of law. He enjoys singing, especially bluegrass and classical music. In addition, he has been known to strum a chord or two on the guitar. He also enjoys hunting and shooting sporting clays (a variant of skeet and trap). In addition, he is an instrument-rated pilot.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Business Litigation Matters
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of North Carolina Bar and North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- 1995-Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- 1991-Bachelor of Philosophy, Wake Forest University, Magna Cum Laude and Guy T. Carswell Scholar Honors
- Defended Students before the Honors Council